About Me

My photo
Perhaps you’ve seen my earlier works at Altamira. I am confident, if I could trace my lineage to paleolithic times, I would have been one that ‘wrote’ on the cave walls. I write and teach calligraphy art and painting styles from early historic to contemporary writing. My services range from private commissions to commercial design and calligraphy: wedding, invitations, social events, specialty, resolutions, advertising, books, CD’s, and ad campaigns.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Study in Grisaille

Study in Grisaille
is on view November 1 - 30, 2011
in the juried Small Works exhibit, at Brandon Gallery, Fallbrook, CA



6" x 6-1/4", gouache on parchment
  Inspired by The Creation of the Sun and Moon by Master of Jean de Mandeville 
 

Met Mr. Steven Weston the owner of Study in Grisaille 

Steve bought Study in Grisaille at the The Brandon Gallery, Artist Reception

Camaieu or Demi-Grisaille
is a 14th century French painting technique which I offer as a workshop.
It's considered a luxury workshop because of the materials; parchment, gouache and gilding.

1 comment:

  1. It's such a beautiful masterpiece, especially the red and blue design in the backdrop and the Gold work. Its amazing how you add little twists & twirls to your letters and make them look wow!

    ReplyDelete